Station (TNAU), Veppankulam has developed VHC 3, a TXD hybrid. The new hybrid evolved by
involving well adopted East Coast Tall as female parent and Malaysian Orange Dwarff as
features of VHC 3
- The hybrid VHC 3 is well responsive
to higher dose of fertilizers especially nitrogen and potash.
- The recommended fertilizer schedule
is 1.0:0.25:2.0 kg NPK/palm/year (2.2kg Urea; 1.5kg super phosphate; 3.3kg potash).
- This hybrid will be yielding more
under better management condition.
- VHC 3 recorded the mean nut yield of
156-nuts/ palm with an increased nut yield of 10% over the hybrid VHC2.
- Higher nut weight (908 g/nut),
kernel weight (297g/nut), copra out turn weight (162 g/nut) and high oil content are the
special features of VHC3.
- The nuts are medium size, bigger